June - September
Youth Service America (YSA) and Disney|ABC Television Group are teaming up this summer to inspire kids and families to make a positive impact in their community. Summer of Service grants will offer young change-makers $500 to gather their friends and turn creative ideas into projects that will positively impact their communities. Three hundred and forty winners will be awarded individual $500 grants to implement their projects. Select grantees will have a chance to be recognized by Disney|ABC or their local ABC Affiliate. Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2016 at YSA.org/BeInspired.
Disney Friends for Change, through YSA, will award $500 grants to young change-makers who are working to create a brighter tomorrow.
Actions, big or small, can help make communities healthier, greener and stronger.
Apply for a $500 #SummerOfService grant.
- Tell us what inspires you. Go to YSA.org/BeInspired or Disney.com/BeInspired to apply.
- If you know a young change-maker between the ages of 5-18, tell them and their parents to apply for a $500 Summer of Service grant to help continue their work toward creating a brighter tomorrow.
- Looking for resources to help start a service project? Go to YSA.org/BeInspired to find out how to develop a project.
Post on Social Media
Young change-makers 13 or older can share, on social media, what inspires them to make a difference.
Share your inspiration by posting a gif and tell your friends how you #MakeAGifference
- Choose a GIF that showcases what inspires you to change the world. Create your own gif, choose a gif using the DisneyGif App or find one on your favorite gif site.
- Download it to your phone
- Post a Gif to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook with #MakeAGifference
- Encourage young change-makers to apply for a $500 Summer of Service grant through YSA.org/BeInspired.
- Sample: "This summer, I will #MakeAGifference at my community garden. What inspires you to change the world? Apply for a $500 Summer of Service grant at YSA.org/BeInspired."